My Wonderful Followers

Thursday 10 May 2012

Mmmm Icecream!


Hi Everyone,

How are you doing? Hope you are having a good week.

Sorry I haven't been around much! Deadlines are closing in so I'm either working or at home doing coursework at the moment. However, this evening I managed to squeeze in some 'me time' and made a card.

I used a stamp set I have been wanting to use for some time now and I am quite pleased with the outcome!

I have always admired the 'distressed' look too, so thought I would try my hand at it with the scissors... what do you think? I could do with having more materials, especially Mr Holtz goodies but that will have to wait until I am qualified!

Ingredients:

- 6x6 craftwork card blank
- polkadoodles image and sentiment stamped onto scraps of white card
- do crafts tea house papers
- card stock from stash
- buttons from hobby craft
- ribbon from stash
- heart stickers from macy's

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking :)

Laura xx

15 much appreciated comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Laura this is gorgeous the image is so cute and pretty the colours, papers and design look fabulous, thank you for joining our challenge at The Paper Shelter this week.
hugs
Lorraine x

Liz McGuire, said...

Hiya, I think you did a great job with the scissors. Something I have not yet got the hang of! Gorgeous card,

Liz x

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Laura. This is so cute and very pretty.
Hope you are keeping well. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Love Sandra xxx

Sarn said...

Sweet card Laura. Your scissors did the trick, but I'm betting it's much easier with a distressing tool!

Good luck with your deadlines. xxx

Di said...

Great card Laura - I've got that stamp waiting to be used too :)

I think you did a super job with the distressing - ways and means eh?!

Best of luck with those deadlines - you'll get there, deep breath now and then! Di xx

coops said...

stunning card laura.gorgeous colours and design and i love the image :D

xx coops xx

Lorraine said...

Very pretty! Love the sweet image and your distressed flowers!

Tracey Manderson said...

Oh so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges, good luck and hope to see you again.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Unknown said...

Laura how pretty is this , love those flowers what a fabulous creation , well done . Have a lovely weekend Hugs Elaine

Jules said...

Hi Laura

Well done with your scissor distressing .. .. a great look!

Love your flowers and your cute image. That is one huge cake!!!

Hope you are having a good weekend. I am pleased you managed to find a bit of "me" time amongst all you are trying to do.

Love Jules xx

Karen said...

A great card! I especially love those flowers and a fab image, its all lovely. Karen xx

Donna said...

Supersweet card Lauram love these papers and your fab image...I've just demolished a Fudge McFlurry from Maccie D's...yum :) Donna x

Bernie said...

Laura this is lovely, superb coloring & I love those flowers!
Hugs

Hettie said...

Lovely card. Those flowers are gorgeous.

Karen Howard said...

Beautiful card, love the pretty pink and yummy ice cream! Hugs, Karen